Last modified: 10th May 2021
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, RYPT) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Site and Subscription Plan to operate, and we refer to these as “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site and Subscription Plan. For example, RYPT keeps track of the pages you visit within RYPT, in order to determine what portion of the Site or Subscription Plan is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions within the Site and Subscription Plan to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Performance and functionality cookies. These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Site, Subscription Plan, and Apps but are non-essential to their use. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Analytics and customisation cookies. These cookies collect information that is used in aggregate form to help us understand how our Site, Subscription Plan and Apps are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social networking cookies. These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Site, Subscription Plan, or Apps through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies – because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and Subscription Plan to you, you cannot refuse them. However, you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings.
Copyright 2019 RYPT. All rights reserved.